Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:42:55 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Former Fairfax Teen Dies in Motorcycle Accident in New York
« previous next »
: [1]
: Former Fairfax Teen Dies in Motorcycle Accident in New York  ( 3389 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : May 01, 2010, 08:08:39 AM »

David and Linda Parsons, formerly of Fairfax, lost their son, Christopher, in a motorcycle accident Thurday in Clifton Park, NY. David is the son of Carry Parsons on Cain Street. Christopher had attended BFA-Fairfax up through grade school before the family moved to Clifton Park. His sister, Katie, also attended BFA.
This is the article about the accident from the Albany, NY Times-Union.
This is really sad. Christopher was a kid with a lot of potential.

CLIFTON PARK -- A 19-year-old Van Vranken Road man was killed Thursday afternoon after his motorcycle slid off Riverview Road into a telephone pole, State Police said.

Christopher J. Parsons was headed west on Riverview Road near the Vischer Ferry nature preserve and Van Vranken Road when, according to State Police, he passed a car at high speed on a curve and lost control trying to get back into the westbound lane.

Parsons was working toward a career in law enforcement and wanted to be a State Trooper, according to his family. Last month, he graduated from the Army Military Police Academy following his completion of basic training in February for the U.S. Army Reserves.

A 2008 graduate of Shenendehowa High School, he was employed by United Parcel Service in Latham.

Troopers said Parson's motorcycle slid off the north side of the road for about 100 feet before striking a utility pole. He was taken to St. Mary's Hospital in Troy and pronounced dead at 6:45 p.m., State Police said.

An autopsy conducted later at Albany Medical Center Hospital revealed Parsons died of blunt force trauma.

Trooper Maureen Tuffey said Parsons was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 01, 2010, 08:49:38 AM »

Our sympathy goes out to Cary, David & Linda and their families.  Always so tragic when a young person dies.  It just doesn't seem right for a child not to outlive their parents.   May God give them strength to get through this and cherish the great times they had with Christopher.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : May 01, 2010, 02:42:07 PM »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: