Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 02:29:07 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Ken Wimble Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ken Wimble Passes Away  ( 2614 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 23, 2006, 09:35:38 AM »

KENNETH H. WIMBLE
GEORGIA - Kenneth Hanley Wimble, age 76, a lifelong resident of Georgia, passed away Sunday, May 21, 2006, at his home in Georgia. On Nov. 1, 1929, Kenneth was born on Georgia Mountain, son of the late Noel and Jenny (Hanley) Wimble.

The mountain where Kenneth was raised was always a powerful home base, which he loved dearly. Kenneth served his country well during the Korean War in the United States Army. On June 12, 1954, he married the former Pierrette Loiselle in Sheldon, Vt. He worked for Pratt & Whitney in Enfield, Conn. for a year but heard the mountain calling him back. He returned to Georgia Mountain and worked for the St. Albans Co-op and then he spent 30 years working as a dairy farmer for Russell and Ronald Sunderland.

He then worked for and retired from Wyeth Nutritional. During his retirement he worked part time at the Abbey where he helped out the kitchen crew. Ken was a past member of the VFW Post 782 of Burlington. His family always remained his greatest commitment and some of his proudest moments were spent with his grandchildren.

He is survived by his loving wife of 51 years, Pierrette (Loiselle) Wimble of Georgia; his three sons, Richard J. Wimble and his wife, Peggy of Fairfax, Bruce A. Wimble of St. Albans, Douglas B. Wimble and his wife, Amelia of Highgate Center; his daughter, Kathleen A. Palmer and her husband, Michael of Georgia; his brother, Irwin Wimble of Georgia; his sister, Mabel Bonnett of St. Albans Town; and his six cherished grandchildren, Derek Palmer, Stacey Palmer, Sheena Wimble, Lacy Wimble, Benjamin Wimble, Emily Wimble; and many nieces, nephews and cousins. He was also predeceased by his brothers, William and Maurice.

There will be no public visiting hours. A private graveside service will be held at the convenience of the family with interment in the family lot at Sanderson Corners Cemetery where Kenneth will be accorded full military honors.

Contributions in Kenneth’s name may be made to the Vermont Kidney Association, P.O. Box 244, Burlington, Vt. 05401; or to the Franklin County Home Health, 3 Home Health Circle, St. Albans, Vt. 05478. Those who wish may forward on line condolences by visiting: http://www.awrichfuneralhome.com.

Arrangements are by John D. Workman, A. W. Rich Funeral Home – Fairfax Chapel, 1176 Main St., Fairfax, Vt. 05454.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: