Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 09:29:25 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Comcast Service
« previous next »
: [1]
: Comcast Service  ( 3330 )
saguiar
: 1

« : May 28, 2010, 11:44:35 AM »

I am a new resident in Fairfax. I am looking to coordinate an expansion of Comcast's service in Fairfax. I live on Cherrierville road and my house is 3 miles from the nearest current line. I got the official letter about how much they are looking to receive in either confirmed customers or cash to drop the extra line. I am hoping to coordinate my neighbors and anyone else this line is going to pass to see how many are interested in signing up. Any additional cash they want to collect, I am hoping can be offset by a grant from the state in-line with their effort to bring high speed internet to the entire state by the end of 2010.

I have not yet confirmed where the line is or what path it will take to get to my house, but I will update this post once i do. If there are others who would like to follow this path in trying to get their own installation done, feel free to let me know and I will share what I know.
« : May 28, 2010, 12:06:30 PM Henry »
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : May 29, 2010, 12:47:43 AM »

Anyone know why that road is named Cherrierville ??

I do not... just curious and have a wild a$$ guess.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : May 29, 2010, 07:43:02 AM »

A lot of our roads are named after people that lived on those roads - Fairfax had a lot of Cherriers living here at one time.

Buck Hollow Road is named after the many Bucks who lived there for example and it goes on and on.  Most of our Roads in town are named after People, Places or Things.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #3 : May 29, 2010, 09:50:00 AM »

saguiar- I also contacted Comcast a few years ago and they wanted somewhere around $20k to extend the service to my house, which if I remember correctly ended somewhere just north (may be a mile?) of the rte 104/104A intersection.  They also told me that if I got a certain number of people to sign up, then they would waive the fee (gee, how generous!).  This was a few years ago so my details may be off a bit...

If you're looking for internet access, I highly recommend Surf Global (http://www.surfglobal.net/) (also referred to as "GlobalNet", I believe).  They supply a wireless broadband signal for a pretty low price and they're great people to deal with.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1]  
« previous next »
: