Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:33:05 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  sheriff in private driveway...
« previous next »
: [1]
: sheriff in private driveway...  ( 7350 )
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« : June 01, 2010, 09:56:52 AM »

Just wondering if it is kosher for cops to park in your driveway to radar Main Street without your permission?

My gut tells me that this is not allowed, but it didn't stop one from doing it this morning...  I am not sure what the law says though...

Anyone know?
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #1 : June 01, 2010, 02:15:32 PM »

I don't think there is a law against it if no one complains or ask you to leave your good to go.  The Sheriff sit in my dads driveway at the car wash all the time, they didn't ask but we sure don't mind as many times as we have been broken in to.  I did have had to ask one of them to move once because he was blocking half the driveway but he was understanding about it. 

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : June 02, 2010, 05:55:49 PM »

Josh is right, you can definitely ask them to leave.. 

I have come home from work before with a State Trooper sitting in my driveway doing that very thing.  He was blocking my entrance.  I pulled in front of my house and said "Excuse me, I need to get into my driveway please"  Before I got back in my car he tore out of my driveway...... I wasn't too impressed with his reaction. But everybody has bad days and I just assumed it was his.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : June 05, 2010, 09:59:30 AM »

Talk about your parallel universe..........

This past Tuesday I was leaving for work and there was an APD car running radar from the entrance of our circle.
We have an out and in lane divided by a median and I darn near had to pull out into traffic to look left to make my left turn.

If you google earth Cimarron Circle Anchorage Alaska 99504 you can see how tight it is to get out onto Northern Lights Blvd.

T-Man,,,need the rest of my address for that free coffee you promised me????
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #4 : June 05, 2010, 06:35:46 PM »

Mike, you are old enough by now to know there is no free anything in life. If you sell your soul for coffee sooner or later you have to pay.
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #5 : June 05, 2010, 06:36:37 PM »

I have had the coffee , the question now is how many pounds is my soul worth?
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #6 : June 05, 2010, 10:54:08 PM »

Ya Potter,

You are correct on the old thing and knowing.

Tulley's is a MUCH MUCH better product.
Hell, Folger's is too!
mkulikow
: 3

« #7 : June 06, 2010, 03:47:50 PM »

Heck,

I'd pay to have them sit at the bottom of Bentley Rd.  Buck Hollow Rd. is a racetrack, I even get passed just before turning left into our development and there is NO WAY that they could see someone pulling out in time to not kill them.  It is only a matter of time before an accident happens at the bottom of our road. 

Since I truelly feel that they are only in it to make $$ they could get way more speeders on Buck Hollow than on Main St. any day of the week.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: