Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:23:18 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  election petition
« previous next »
: [1]
: election petition  ( 9774 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : June 01, 2010, 02:05:21 PM »

I am happy to announce that I have filed a petition for re-election as state representative from our home district, Franklin-1. Representing the towns of Fairfax and Georgia in the Vermont House of Representatives is a great job and I work hard at it every day.

Many positives were achieved in the last session, but to be honest, I was often frustrated by the lack of attention given to issues with which Vermonters are most concerned. Taxes are still too high. Government is still too big. There will be more coming from me on the issues facing our state, as we get closer to the election.

I have kept the interests of my constituents foremost in mind while working in Montpelier and I genuinely enjoy being a state legislator serving the communities of Fairfax and Georgia. I look forward to the upcoming campaign and I'd  like  to see as  many  of  you as possible. 

In the meantime, contact me at cbranagan@leg.state.vt.us

Rep. Carolyn Branagan

« : June 01, 2010, 02:07:02 PM Carolyn Branagan »

Carolyn Branagan
special ED

« #1 : June 01, 2010, 05:04:43 PM »

Carolyn ,you really should be running as an republican ,big government ,low taxes etc.
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« #2 : June 01, 2010, 08:37:45 PM »

I have always run as a Republican.

C.

Carolyn Branagan
special ED

« #3 : June 02, 2010, 04:42:39 PM »

OH,I feel like an a#@$$%, my bad ,then move to fletcher area and run we need a great rep.
fletchtb
: 310

« #4 : June 03, 2010, 10:59:12 AM »

Ed,

We've got one in Lynn Dickinson!

Now we just need another one to replace Dick Howirgan.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #5 : June 03, 2010, 04:10:13 PM »

Great news, Carolyn, you have my support.
Your fiscal thinking is a must to get us out of these difficult financial times
and your communication with the residents of Fairfax has been outstanding.
You've returned our calls and met with us at numerous School Board and
Selectboard meetings here in Fairfax.
You've truly supported our businesses, as shown in your score of 86% from the Vermont Chamber of Commerce.
You've warmly welcomed our students (and residents) at the Capitol in Montpelier.
Your educational funding ideas (LEAF) deserve more support.
Thank you for running again.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
special ED

« #6 : June 04, 2010, 04:34:36 AM »

now if we could just get the gov. to stop giveing farmers welfare money to stay open we might be in alittle better shape
ohhman
: 469

« #7 : June 04, 2010, 12:36:13 PM »

Spec. ed, don't know what you got against farmers but @ least THEY ARE HARD WORKING PEOPLE!!!!!! Where welfare should be stopped is for those that chose to sit on their a-- & wait for their check & food allowance from the government; for those that come to our country/state as it's easy to get a free ride....if you don't have any form of morals/conscience.   I don't mean those that have an honest reason for not to work or those that get gov. supplement...key word SUPPLEMENT!!!!  Know how many hours I clip coupons to offset grocery prices for my family, but yet get to the store & see how some spend the FREE $$$ they get.....rarely do they use a coupon!.....some places even let them buy items that aren't supposed to be purchased with their allotment!  Maybe there ought to be a prerequisite, if they want the $$$$ they got to go harvest the fields, pick the apples, work for the farmers....instead of illegals coming here to do it!!!
But, back to the topic, Carolyn, I am very glad you are running again;  Chris has said it all!!
special ED

« #8 : June 04, 2010, 05:25:37 PM »

I agree with you 3plusk totally but what you have to ask yourself is how is it that farmers keep getting money from government and are still able to buy rental income houses to make money from ? IT boggles my small mind ,I am not talking homes for employees and illegal immigrant I am talking rental houses for income .if they are so bad off where are they getting the money for extra homes ?I just don't like all these handouts people are getting when I am having to pay part of the bill .......Carolyn I`m just trying to get you some exposure for your campain LOLOL
ohhman
: 469

« #9 : June 07, 2010, 01:43:03 PM »

spec ed, after reading the property transfers I now think I see whom you are referring to........now I really think you are off-base with this one!!  These 2 people are some of the hardest workers I know!!! they are good people, not ever afraid to pitch in & help others. they have been thru what I hope I never have to face with their loss a couple years back & they had tough decisions to make to support their beautiful family & NOT SIT BACK & WAIT FOR HANDOUTS!! They teach their kids morals, more than I can say for what some kids get today. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes as they not only face the challenge of raising a young family in our society, facing the obstacles that farmers have to day to day & dealing with some renters that the past owner has had to deal with....NOT paying rent but still living in the house! so, find someone else to pick at....like some plumbers & what they charge!  although I had some work done by GM Mechanical & THEY WERE TERRIFIC, FAIR PRICED, DID A FANTASTIC  JOB & WERE PLEASANT TO DEAL WITH....GREAT GUYS & if anyone needs a good plumber, call them!
exposure like this Carolyn doesn't need....she does a fine job as our rep. & will win her campaign by her own good reputation!
special ED

« #10 : June 08, 2010, 04:17:32 AM »

3plusk you have no idea who I am talking about ,no its not them, there are at least 4 larger farms from surrounding communities that receive large amounts of money from the government and still find enough money to buy realestate,hard working ,everything is done by machine now of days..fine then dont call me at 3 am when noone else will come as a last resort,your started the personal attach not me
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #11 : June 08, 2010, 06:18:44 AM »

"...come, let us reason together."
David Shea
: 471

« #12 : June 08, 2010, 06:27:54 AM »

Special Ed,

I have never met you before... but I too have a family to support just like you.

To quote a deceased friend and businessman from St Albans, " business, politics and personal opinions do not mix"

Take some time to go back through some of your old post.  Read them and reflect on them from the perspective of a stranger and potential customer. 

Ed, I understand that the climate we are in is frustrating, sometimes showing our personal frustration creates a self fulfilling prophesy.

I hope that you day improves.

Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #13 : June 11, 2010, 01:30:34 AM »

Ed,

I understand your point about Govt subsidies,,,, Nationally.

It is disgusting.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: