Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:25:46 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  BFA Orchestra State Champions 1928 Photo
« previous next »
: [1]
: BFA Orchestra State Champions 1928 Photo  ( 4360 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : July 28, 2010, 08:26:54 PM »

Finally got around to getting the pictures of the old BFA Orchestra. I had mentioned that the Rev. George Russell was the founder of the music program at BFA in the late 1920's. I found two pictures. One says State Orchestra Champions 1928, the other is not marked, but they obviously had won a competition somewhere. Rev. Russell is the man standing in back of the trophy in the first picture, and is seated in the middle of the front row in the second picture. No idea who everyone else is. Maybe there is a way to figure it out.

One little landmark note. The house behind them is the last house on the right coming down Hunt Street just before the school. Lesneys live there now.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : July 28, 2010, 08:43:42 PM »

Mike        Thanks for posting the pictures . I'm pretty sure that Win Mcnall is the last person on the right in the second row of the first picture . If you can get these photos to Charlotte McNall or to Orman Ovitt ( Orman & Win were in the same class at BFA ), they can fill in the names, I would think.
Luap
: 26

« #2 : July 29, 2010, 06:47:23 AM »

Some mlembers we know are: S. William Webb (holding the trombone) Freda (Irish) Parsons (left of trophy)  Win McNall (far left)
Luap

« #3 : July 29, 2010, 06:49:54 AM »

OOPS! Winn is far RIGHT!
Luap

« #4 : July 29, 2010, 06:57:03 AM »

I'm back again. One of the other two womem is Elizabeth Hotchkiss and the clarinetist on the left,  I believe is Raymond McNall.
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #5 : July 29, 2010, 11:19:48 AM »

Yes, I  that is Raymond McNall. He told me a story about coming home from a rehearsal in the winter, as the sleigh turned the corner it  tipped and he and his instrument and the music were all dumped in the snow. He loved playing and he had great respect for Mr. Russell.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: