Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 02:55:22 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Robert Shangraw's Mother Dies At Age 91
« previous next »
: [1]
: Robert Shangraw's Mother Dies At Age 91  ( 2279 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 01, 2010, 09:23:23 AM »

MARION (SAFFORD) SHANGRAW

COLCHESTER - Marion (Safford) Shangraw, 91, died peacefully Thursday, July 29, 2010 in Birchwood Terrace Health Care of Burlington. She was born on Jan. 18, 1919 in Burlington, the daughter of the late Frederick and Emma (Caulkins) Safford. Marion graduated from Burlington High School and Rochester Institute of New York. She later served in the United States Navy as a clerk during World War II. She was married on June 1, 1949 to Harrison "Pete" Shangraw. He later predeceased her on Aug. 23, 2007. Marion was a member of Colchester Grange and the United Church in Colchester. She was also a King's Daughter and a member of the church choir for many years. Marion leaves her daughter, Ann Shangraw of Colchester; her son, Robert Shangraw, Sr. and his wife, Susan, of Fairfax; seven grandchildren; five greatgrandchildren; and several brothers and sisters-in-law, nieces, nephews and cousins. She was predeceased by her son, George Shangraw; her brother, Frederick R. "Bud" Safford; and a sister, Helen Wills. A funeral service will be held on Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2010 at 11 a.m. in the LaVigne Funeral Home in Winooski. Interment will follow in Fort Ethan Allen Cemetery in Colchester. Visiting hours will be from 10 a.m. until the time of the service. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to a charity of one's choice. Arrangements are by the LaVigne Funeral Home and Cremation Service, 132 Main St. in Winooski.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: