Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:30:07 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 6/20/11 and Blog- Heartbreak at Lebanon Valley
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 6/20/11 and Blog- Heartbreak at Lebanon Valley  ( 2756 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : June 19, 2011, 09:18:24 PM »

Monday June 20, 2011
Picture of the Day

Something broke in the motor, causing this hole in the oilpan, ending an awesome night at the Lebanon Valley Speedway.

HEARTBREAK AT LEBANON VALLEY
I wish you could have seen him.
I wish you could have been at the Lebanon Valley Speedway Saturday night to see my nephew, Anthony.
He was awesome.
Started outside pole in the second heat. Held his own and finished second.
Drew outside pole in the 4 lap Dash For Cash.
Got the jump on pole sitter Alain Bergeron, and led the first lap. Bergeron got by him on lap two and drove to victory from there, but Anthony again held his own and finished 2nd.
A-Main. Again, Anthony started on the outside pole.
Chuck Hebing jumped out in front, but Anthony stayed with Chuck and ran second for many laps. Justin Barger got by Anthony and battled with Chuck while Anthony kept both cars in his sights in third. Caution on lap 17 bunched the field up. A wreck on the subscequint green flag made for a single file restart. Again Anthony was running with these guys and actually starting to reel in Chuck Hebing, but on lap 20, something seized in the drive train and Anthony shut the car off and stopped in turn 2.
Complete and utter heartbreak.
After the car came back to the pits, it was looked over and the hole in the oilpan was spotted.
Until lap 20, Anthony's confidence was sky high. He has never had a top five finish with ESS and almost pulled off a podium finish.
And it proved that on a track with some grip, he CAN run with these guys. Friends watching in the stands commented how great he ran and how he was actually catching Chuck Hebing.
But the heartbreak is something that will take a long time to get over.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: