Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:20:13 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 6/25/09 and Blog- Clouds
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 6/25/09 and Blog- Clouds  ( 2888 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : June 24, 2009, 09:39:20 PM »

Picture of the Day June 26, 2009

Interesting cloud formation

CLOUDS
Posted for Thursday June 25th.............................

I know I have talked about clouds before, but..........................
I enjoy watching a storm roll in. Or pass by. Watching a front move in. Watching a thunderstorm roll in.
I would actually like to join a group of tornado chasers out in the mid-west.
I can't control the weather. I can't stop a thunderstorm from rolling in.
So I might as well sit back and watch nature happen in front of me.

Take Wednesday evening. I was on the computer, and could hear thunder. Sun was shining here but dark clouds off to the east. Which in itself is odd, because storms always come from the northwest/west/southwest area. This was passing us by going northeast to southeast. I went out and sat in the backyard with the camera. There was a rainbow faintly in the direction of Mt. Mansfield.
Then I noticed this slender white thing in the middle of a dark cloud.
The more I look at it, the more I think that's an isolated downpour. Odd looking thing.

What's even weirder, was that I was watching TV, then around 8:45ish, took Rex outside..........and the ground was wet. It rained. And I didn't even know it. Never heard it, nothing.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : June 25, 2009, 06:18:54 AM »

It was raining at my house at 7 p.m. when I was watching the news.  They didn't mention any rain here on the Channel 3 News, but did show it on the radar on Fox 44 News at 7 p.m.  The rain came down pretty good for a while, but it was one of these soft fine rains that you would not be apt to hear.  I had to shut my East window in the mudroom as it was raining in there.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: