Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:16:42 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 1/11/10 and BLOG!!- The Weather
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 1/11/10 and BLOG!!- The Weather  ( 3040 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : January 10, 2010, 11:36:25 PM »

Monday January 11, 2010
Picture of the Day

Time to think about Easter already??

THE WEATHER
Many apologies for not having a blog for the last little while. I had a lot on my mind and since I was posting pictures, I really didn't need to say much.

But it is January, so the topic on everyone's mind is the weather. And the NFL playoffs, but I'm talking about the weather.
And for the most part we have been lucky. Yes we have had a lot of snow, and it has been cold, but not the cold that the midwest has been having.
The interesting part has been the weather down south. On Twitter, I follow a couple who are firefighters in South Carolina, and they have been posting tips on safety concerning spaceheaters, and how cold it is down there.
I was in Steeple Market late last week, and the TV was on, and they were talking about the projected temperatures for Florida. Tampa was to be 27 degrees and the possibliity of snow showers in Orlando. Two years ago, we were racing outside of Tampa, and one night (Thursday night), it was in the upper 50's. I had to put on a hoodie, and you could see your breath. A transplanted Vermonter was there and she was freezing, complaining how cold it was. I can't imagine what 27 degrees feels like to them.
I also follow NASCAR driver Juan Pablo Montoya, and he was in Daytona this weekend, doing some testing/practice for the Rolex 24 at the Speedway. He mentioned they were getting ice pellets falling at the track. He then posted this picture:

Holy cow.
As far as I'm concerned, we can deal with whatever, so long as the thermometer stays above zero. And thankfully, we have a good layer of snow for insulation. Back when there was no snow and bitter temperatures, it was COLD. Saturday seemed OK. That's because the sun was out. That can be a psychological boost. I just wish it could be sunny and in the 20's.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : January 11, 2010, 12:07:29 PM »

Mike,
I can tell you 27 feels cold even for transplants.  Depsite the fact I have been in the mid south for a little under a year, you get into the mind set that it supposed to be warm.  The snow is starting to melt here, and it is supposed to be in the upper 40s for the rest of the week. 

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: