Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:36:51 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Pictures of the Day 2/20/10 and Blog- An Interesting Couple of Hours Thursday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pictures of the Day 2/20/10 and Blog- An Interesting Couple of Hours Thursday  ( 2941 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : February 20, 2010, 12:16:04 AM »

Saturday February 20, 2010
Pictures of the Day

The Friday edition of the Austin, TX American-Statesman

Friday's edition of the New York Post

Both pictures courtesy of the Newseum website:
http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/flash/

AN INTERESTING COUPLE OF HOURS THURSDAY
It all started shortly before noon Thursday. I was watching KTLA out of Los Angeles, when they had Breaking News about a plane that flew into a building in Austin, Texas. I switched to CNN, and watched the events unfold. They were reporting what they knew, and would show local Austin stations and their coverage. Interviews were done with eyewitnesses, who said they spotted a plane flying low, but there didn't seem to be any problems with the plane, i.e., engine failure, etc.
There was a slight worry about terrorism, but Homeland Security announcd they didn't feel that this was the case. NORAD did send out a couple of jets right after the crash.
The local affiliates were talking about a house fire that occured before the crash, but CNN cut away, because they did not know about the connection. Later, the report came down form a federal official, that someone set fire to his house, went to the airport, stole a plane, and crashed into the building. There was also some confusion as to what was housed in the building as the Austin FBI bureau was in that area.
The story was still fluid, and kept changing as new details came out. The guy that set his house on fire did not steal the plane, but actually owned it.
A name emerged and all of a sudden, the people at CNN did some digging, and found the guy's suicide note on his website. A six page rambling manifesto in which he was critical of the federal government, the IRS, and more.
It was at this point I had to go to work.
But for a couple of hours, I watched the result of an event unfold, and take shape.
It was all kind of interesting to watch.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : February 20, 2010, 04:40:25 AM »

I guess the profiling was in effect.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: